Whether you are an aspiring teacher or a classroom veteran, when you enroll as an Education student at Converse, you join a legacy of award-winning teachers and school administrators. Our graduates earn honors such as Presidential Educator of the Year, National Marine Educator of the Year, and the Order of the Palmetto. A Converse degree is recognized throughout the southeast as the mark of a quality educator. Beyond degree programs, we offer classes, add-on certifications and recertification opportunities in a plethora of formats and content areas.
Why choose Converse?
- We have attained state approval and CAEP accreditation with provisions for all professional education programs.
- We enjoy close proximity to and partnerships with public schools and the South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind.
- Our faculty stays closely informed on educational trends and legislation. Among them are the state-recognized experts who wrote the handbook on SC educational legislation and partnered with SCDOE in the South Carolina Reading Initiative.
Explore our degree offerings below or view our opportunities for educators to discover how Converse can help you discover your voice, value, and vision as an educator.
- Art Education
- Early Childhood
- Learning Disabilities
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Music Education
- Comprehensive Special Education
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Master of Music in Education (MM)
Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
Leads to Teacher Certification
- Art Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle Level Language Arts
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Middle Level Science
- Middle Level Social Studies
- Secondary Mathematics
- Secondary English
- Secondary Level Biology
- Secondary Level Chemistry
- Secondary Social Studies
- Special Education: Intellectual Disabilities
- Special Education: Learning Disabilities