Converse University faculty support the institution’s mission to advance a culture of belonging and collaboration that ignites creativity, innovation, and transformation.
Converse University’s Office of Research and Engagement promotes collegewide engagement in research and scholarly creative work. The office supports and assists faculty, students, and staff from the conception of ideas to dissemination.
The Office of Research and Engagement holds a monthly faculty symposium to address various topics from all areas of academic interest.
The symposium offers faculty an opportunity to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments and network with one another.
Events are typically held in Carmichael Hall, room 200, from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
2023-2024 Faculty Symposia Events
- September 14, 2023: Dr. Andrea Elliott — ‘Gendered Threads: A Speculative Analysis of The Spacetimemattering of Women’s Fiber Crafting.’
- October 19, 2023: Dr. Joe Dunn — ‘History Must be Kept Alive…Lest We Forget”: The 1969-1970 Voorhees College Student Protest Incidents.’
- November 9, 2023: Dr. Ashley Lazevnick — ‘Fantasies of Precision: American Modern Art, 1908-1947.’
- January 11, 2024: Dr. Scott Robbins — ‘Soggetto cavato a’ la Scotto: Use of musical cryptograms in my recent compositions for electric guitar.’
- February 8, 2024: Dr. Liz Eggerding — ‘The Sounds of Presence: Therapeutic Presence, Music Therapy, and Arts-Based Research.’
- March 14, 2024: Dr. Laura Feitzinger Brown — ‘Persecuted but Powerful: Catholic Women in Early Modern England.’
- April 11, 2024: Dr. Doug Jensen — ‘The Ferny Floras of Spartanburg and Georgetown, SC.’