As an Elementary Education major at Converse, you will have continuous access to assist teachers and observe instruction in local schools, while implementing the new skills acquired in related coursework.
- You will participate in student teaching opportunities, giving you first-hand experience with students in grades 2 through 6.
- You will observe and assist teachers in local schools.
- Our low student to faculty ratio guarantees all the individual attention you need to achieve your goals.
- Converse Education graduates are routinely recognized as being the best in their profession. They have earned honors such as: Presidential Educator of the Year, South Carolina Teacher of the Year, National Marine Educator of the Year, The Order of the Palmetto (South Carolina’s highest civilian honor for extraordinary lifetime achievement and service to the state and nation), and the Milken Family Foundation National Educator Award.
- Our programs are accredited through the South Carolina Department of Education under the guidance of the Council for the Accreditation for Education Preparation (CAEP), recognized by ACEI, approved by the South Carolina Department of Education and enjoy certification reciprocity with many other states.
- The majority of Converse education graduates have a job within six months of graduation; many students have secured positions prior to graduation.
- Converse students consistently score high on the Praxis II test; in fact, many of our students score more than 20 points above average.