Whether you are an aspiring teacher or a classroom veteran, when you enroll as an Education student at Converse, you join a legacy of award-winning teachers and school administrators.
Our graduates earn honors such as Presidential Educator of the Year, National Marine Educator of the Year, and the Order of the Palmetto. A Converse degree is recognized throughout the southeast as the mark of a quality educator. Beyond degree programs, we offer classes, add-on certifications and recertification opportunities in a plethora of formats and content areas.
Why choose Converse?
- Converse University Education Programs are accredited through the South Carolina Department of Education under the guidance of the Council for the Accreditation for Education Preparation (CAEP).
- We enjoy close proximity to and partnerships with public schools and the South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind.
- Our faculty stays closely informed on educational trends and legislation. Among them are the state-recognized experts who wrote the handbook on SC educational legislation and partnered with SCDOE in the South Carolina Reading Initiative.
Explore our degree offerings below, read more about The Call Me MISTER® Program at Converse University, or view our opportunities for educators to discover how Converse can help you discover your voice, value, and vision as an educator.
Converse has partnered with TEACH South Carolina (TeachSC). TeachSC, a partnership with the South Carolina Department of Education, offers free tools for anyone considering a career in teaching.
In preparation for continuing accreditation, Converse University invites public comment about its education programs. Comments may be sent to email@example.com.
Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
Leads to Teacher Certification
- Art Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle Level Language Arts
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Middle Level Science
- Middle Level Social Studies
- Secondary English
- Secondary Social Studies
- Special Education: Intellectual Disabilities
- Special Education: Learning Disabilities
Education Specialist (EdS)
Master of Music in Education (MM)
Master of Education (MEd)
For Certified Teachers
- Administration and Supervision
- Advanced Studies (online)
- Art Education (online)
- Elementary Education
- Gifted Education (online)
- Special Education
Doctor of Education (EdD)
MEd Grad Wins SCAEA Thomas A. Hatfield Lifetime Achievement Award
Alumna Cindy Riddle ’08 is the 2022 recipient of the Thomas A. Hatfield Lifetime Achievement Award from the South Carolina Art Education Association (SCAEA). The Thomas A. Hatfield Lifetime Achievement …
MEd Grad Named Superintendent of Spartanburg School District One
Following a unanimous vote by the Spartanburg One Board of Trustees, Mark Smith ’03 was named the new Spartanburg School District One Superintendent. Dr. Smith has served District Six for …
Studio Art Students Exhibiting Throughout US this Fall
Converse Studio Art students have quickly transformed from aspiring artists to seeing their art exhibited in galleries throughout the United States. Thanks to Converse’s supportive learning environment and remarkable studio …