- Great local and regional internship opportunities
- Our professors are real-world practitioners turned educators
- Hands-on learning through case studies with real companies
- Build your resume and experience through local service-learning projects
- Work across departments on projects
- Gain international experience through travel and research
The Business Administration program at Converse will show you how organizations manage everything from products and finances, to employees and information.
Converse’s Business Administration degree covers the fields of Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Marketing and Sports Management. Skills acquired from our Business Administration major can be applied to a range of industries from marketing and finance, to investment banking and real estate.
BA in Business Administration with a concentration in:
BS in Business Administration with a concentration in:
As a student studying Economics, Accounting and Business Administration you will be able to travel the globe to study the economies and business climates of various regions of the world.
Marisa Esformes ’14 participated in the prestigious Goldman Sachs Rising Leaders Forum held in Hong Kong in July 2012. The Forum included an overview of the investment banking industry, technical training on basic valuation methodology and interactive case studies and trading games. Tina Rohner, ’07 worked for the Goldman Sachs Equities Division in Singapore, and was so impressed by Marisa at a Model League demonstration during Converse’s Reunion Weekend that she recommended Marisa for the Rising Leaders program.
Many courses include opportunities for students to apply their skills on projects for local businesses, nonprofit organizations and campus offices.
Some recent projects include:
- Assessing the economic impact of internationally-owned companies in the Greenville-Spartanburg area
- Developed an integrated marketing communications plans for the Children’s Advocacy Center, and a local dog trainer
- Conducted a marketing research study on alumni donations to the Converse Annual Fund
- Conducted a research study for a local yoga studio
- Assisting with the urban revitalization effort for the Spartanburg Renaissance Project
Spartanburg is home to more than 80 international companies from 19 countries and dozens of corporate headquarters. As a Converse Business Administration major, you will have the advantage of being in close proximity to these highly desirable internship sites, including:
- Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
- American Heart Association
- Partners for Active Living
- Mermet Corporation
- Whipp Advertising
- American Credit Acceptance
The Business Administration major is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the way businesses operate. The department offers a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and a Minor in Business Administration, as well as a Minor in Marketing. Both the BA and the BS will prepare you for master’s level studies in Business Administration or related fields.
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Sports Marketing
- Personnel Economics for Managers
- International Economics
- Money and Financial Institutions
- Management Principles
- Decision Tools for Business
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration
With a BA in Business Administration, you will learn to produce professional business writing and become comfortable creating and giving oral presentations. You will learn basic economics and accounting concepts and critical thinking skills that will be essential for any job in business.
You will also choose one of the following concentrations to complete your coursework:
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
In addition to the core coursework associated with a BA in Business Administration, the BS in Business Administration offers you a fundamental understanding of business finance and accounting principles and the mathematical principles underlying them. The difference between a BA and a BS degree is the level of quantitative analysis. Students planning on going to graduate school are encouraged to consider a BS degree.
Your focus area will be Finance.
Minor in Business Administration
A Business Administration Minor will complement most any major you choose at Converse. This versatile minor will expose you to each of the major areas in the business curriculum: accounting, finance, management and marketing. Understanding these business fundamentals will help you become more innovative, creative, and a good problem-solver: all qualities helpful for a major in any other field!
What are common careers in Business Administration?
- Finance: financial analyst, controller, treasurer, strategic planning analyst, investment sales representative, investment analyst, bank credit analyst, branch manager, loan officer, certified financial planner
- Human Resources: recruiter, compensation analyst, HR generalist
- International Business: international sales representative, international account manager, export/import specialist
- Marketing: sales representative, brand or product assistant, advertising account manager and inside sales
- Sports Management: community relations manager, ticket sales representative, event planner, media specialist
What are Business Administration alumni doing?
From attending top MBA programs to working for financial institutions in developing countries, Converse alumni are forging new paths in business world!
- University of South Carolina-Columbia (Moore School of Business)
- Troy University
- University of Mississippi
- University of Tampa
- Clemson University
Converse First-Gen Students Recognized by City of Spartanburg
The City of Spartanburg recognized first-generation college students from local colleges during the First-Generation College Student Celebration Day Proclamation at the City Council meeting on November 14, 2022. Since 2017, …
Dr. Farzana Presents at Maine Conference
Dr. Riaheen Farzana presented her paper, Microfinancing and entrepreneurial processes among females: a role congruity theory perspective, at the 59th annual meeting of the Eastern Academy of Management in Portland, …
Student-Athletes Sweep Field Hockey Awards
At the South Atlantic Conference, Converse University student-athletes swept the Big Four awards (Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, and Coach of …