- Great local and regional internship opportunities
- Our professors are real world practitioners turned educators
- Hands-on learning through case studies with real companies
- Build your resume and experience through local service learning projects
Marketing is critical to an organization’s success. Converse Marketing majors explore what motivates buyers, consumer research strategies, supply chain planning and advertising.
From customer service to advertising to sales, our Marketing program builds the framework to prepare you for a myriad of careers in the business world. Understanding the marketing fundamentals will complement nearly all majors or professions you choose to pursue.
- BA in Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing
- Marketing Minor
Many marketing courses include opportunities for you to apply skills on projects for local businesses, nonprofit organizations and campus offices. Recently our students worked to:
- Create an integrated marketing communications plan for a small local yoga studio and a dog training service
- Conduct focus groups and administer a questionnaire to gather data for the Career Development Center on how students perceive and use their services
Do you want to graduate with a resume filled with work experience? At Converse, you will have the opportunity for internships at local and regional companies.
Hailey Hodge double-majored in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and Studio Art. She was able to land two internships by integrating and applying the skills she learned in both her areas of interest. Hailey said of her internship at a local branding and marketing firm: “The managers at Whipp were impressed by how I was making connections between the business side and the art side of advertising.”
Students have completed internships at Stunning & Brilliant Events, Enterprise Rent a Car, Wendy’s and a variety of other companies.
As a Marketing student you will assess consumer behavior, learn about the distribution of goods and services, understand how to conduct market research and learn to develop and analyze marketing, advertising, sales, branding and communications plans. When you graduate, you will be able to define target markets and understand purchase decision processes and the influences upon them. You will be familiar with the marketing research process, including research design, data collection and analysis. Finally, you will feel comfortable analyzing and developing marketing, branding and communications plans. All these skills will allow you to seamlessly transition to a variety of jobs in the business world.
- Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Arts Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
The Marketing minor will help you understand the core elements of marketing and the related fields of professional writing and graphic design. It will complement nearly any major you choose at Converse. Every business or organization values employees who are able to clearly articulate, both in writing and graphically, their mission, brand or products.
Marketing Concentration, Business Administration Major
The Business Administration major is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the way businesses operate. Converse’s Business Administration BA with a concentration in Marketing will help you gain a thorough understanding of how to manage people, strategy and day-to-day operations as well as become an excellent communicator and analytical thinker. It will also prepare you for master’s level studies in business administration or related fields. Learn more about our BA in Business Administration.
What are common careers in Marketing?
- Sales representatives
- Brand or product management
- Fundraising and nonprofit management
- Advertising account executive
- Public relations specialists
What are Marketing alumni doing?
Our alumni are currently working for a wide variety of businesses or in local, state or the federal government. Some are also in graduate school or business school.
- Export Customer Service and Export Logistics Coordinator at Southern States Packaging
- Head sales manager at the Hitch and Tow in Aiken, SC
- Marketing & Communications Specialist and Associate Campaign Director for YMCA of Greater Spartanburg
- Marketing Assistant at Colliers International
- Dealer Relations Specialist at American Credit Acceptance
- Professional Recruiter at Apex Systems
Student-Athletes Sweep Field Hockey Awards
At the South Atlantic Conference, Converse University student-athletes swept the Big Four awards (Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, and Coach of …
Minor in Arts Management Opens Door to Full-time Job
Child and Family Studies major and Arts Management minor, Chloe Young ’22, began interning at Paint Love, a nonprofit in Atlanta, Georgia, in November 2020. The Paint Love organization works …
Spring 2021 Dean’s List Announced
Converse congratulates the following undergraduate students named to our Spring 2021 Dean’s List. To be eligible for Converse’s Dean’s List, students must be full-time and have no incomplete grades during …