- Great local and regional internship opportunities
- Our professors are real world practitioners turned educators
- Hands-on learning through case studies with real companies
- Build your resume and experience through local service learning projects
- Gain experience through international travel and research
Do you enjoy using math to solve real-world problems? Do you like to see the relationships between people, money, and goods? Do you want a career that is recession-proof?
Consider Business Administration with a concentration in Finance at Converse.
- BS in Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance
The Business Administration major is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the way businesses operate. The Department offers a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Finance.
The Finance concentration will allow you to understand the calculation and application of time, value of money and weighted average cost of capital. You will also be able to perform applied financial analyses in business situations.
Converse’s Business Administration BS with a Finance concentration will also prepare you for master’s level studies in Business Administration or related fields. Learn more about our BA in Business Administration.
- Intermediate Accounting
- Business and the Public Sector
- Securities Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Tax Accounting
- Cost Accounting
What are common careers in Finance?
- Financial Analysts
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Development
What are Finance alumni doing?
Our alumni are currently working for a variety of businesses or in local, state or the federal government.
- Account Transition Specialist at Vanguard (mutual funds/investment company)
- Business Analyst at Milliken & Company
Converse’s ‘Creating Your Brand’ Class Zooms into the Middle East
At 4:30 one way-too-early February morning, Converse College’s “Creating Your Brand” class wound up in the Middle East — virtually, anyway. John Jeter, adjunct professor in Converse’s Music Business & Technology …
It All Started at Converse: The Journey of Tina Rohner, ‘07
The Converse Annual Fund is spotlighting the newest members of the Converse College Board of Trustees. These six individuals support the College with both their time and talent, helping our …
Converse to Resume In-Person Operations for Fall 2021 Term
Converse College announces plans to resume in-person operations for the Fall 2021 term. During the Fall 2020, January 2021, and Spring 2021 terms, Converse utilized a high-flex instructional model, with …