Do you enjoy using math to solve real-world problems? Do you like to see the relationships between people, money, and goods? Do you want a career that is recession-proof?
Consider Business Administration with a concentration in Finance at Converse.
- BS in Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance
Finance is a field of study which allows you the chance to develop powerful abilities in analytical and quantitative reasoning. Traditional areas of finance include corporate finance, investment banking and banking. Corporate finance involves helping a corporation manage its funds, seek capital funding for growth and to plan for the future.
At its core, finance is about managing money, whether for individuals, institutions, organizations, or other entities. A concentration in Finance will help you gain a fundamental understanding of how money works, including financial instruments, stocks, bonds, and markets. A Finance concentration will complement your core business studies, and give you skills that any type of company will find desirable.
- Great local and regional internship opportunities
- Our professors are real world practitioners turned educators
- Hands-on learning through case studies with real companies
- Build your resume and experience through local service learning projects
- Gain experience through international travel and research
The Business Administration major is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the way businesses operate. The Department offers a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Finance.
The Finance concentration will allow you to understand the calculation and application of time, value of money and weighted average cost of capital. You will also be able to perform applied financial analyses in business situations.
Converse’s Business Administration BS with a Finance concentration will also prepare you for master’s level studies in Business Administration or related fields. Learn more about our BA in Business Administration.
- Intermediate Accounting
- Business and the Public Sector
- Securities Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Tax Accounting
- Cost Accounting
What are common careers in Finance?
- Financial Analysts
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Development
What are Finance alumni doing?
Our alumni are currently working for a variety of businesses or in local, state or the federal government.
- Account Transition Specialist at Vanguard (mutual funds/investment company)
- Management Assistant at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Marketing Assistant at Thermi