- Great local and regional internship opportunities
- Our professors are real world practitioners turned educators
- Hands-on learning through case studies with real companies
- Build your resume and experience through local service learning projects
- Gain experience through international travel and research
Do you enjoy using math to solve real-world problems? Do you like to see the relationships between people, money, and goods? Do you want a career that is recession-proof?
Consider Business Administration with a concentration in Finance at Converse.
- BS in Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance
The Business Administration major is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the way businesses operate. The Department offers a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Finance.
The Finance concentration will allow you to understand the calculation and application of time, value of money and weighted average cost of capital. You will also be able to perform applied financial analyses in business situations.
Converse’s Business Administration BS with a Finance concentration will also prepare you for master’s level studies in Business Administration or related fields. Learn more about our BA in Business Administration.
- Intermediate Accounting
- Business and the Public Sector
- Securities Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Tax Accounting
- Cost Accounting
What are common careers in Finance?
- Financial Analysts
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Development
What are Finance alumni doing?
Our alumni are currently working for a variety of businesses or in local, state or the federal government.
- Account Transition Specialist at Vanguard (mutual funds/investment company)
- Business Analyst at Milliken & Company
Biology Major Gets Field Experience at Hobcaw Barony
As part of her South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU) grant, Samantha Jaccard ’22, spent her summer getting firsthand experience in the field with faculty mentor Dr. Doug Jensen …
Converse II Senior’s Art Selected for Spartanburg Libraries Exhibition
Studio Art major Cathy Ceva ’22 won an award for her piece, Black Marketed Seahorses, during Spartanburg County Public Libraries’ 8th Annual Juried Exhibition reception. The juror for this year’s exhibition, Zane …
Alumna Finds Family Roots in Mickel Library Music Room
During a trip to the East Coast from California, alumna Buffie Tronnes Wong ’85 stopped in Converse’s Mickel Library, inquiring about a plaque honoring one of her relatives, alumna Mary …