Converse faculty, students and alumnae were out in force at the 2019 South Carolina Art Education Association Conference in Greenville.
Students and alumni received multiple awards including:
- Andrew McMillian ’13 – SCAEA Outstanding Principal;
- Elise Stuck ’09 – SCAEA Middle Level Educator of the Year.
Cindy Riddle ’08 was elected President of the SCAEA and Carlon Steller ’10, MEd Art Education ’16 was elected to the position of Western Region Coordinator at the SCAEA Conference.
The following faculty, students and alumnae presented at the SCAEA Conference:
- Carlon Steller ’10, MEd Art Education ’16 – Mask Portraits;
- Amelia Lorenz ’93, MEd Gifted and Talented Education ’03 – Marble Mock-Machhia – Chihuly Style and Whose the Artist? Planning for Creative Choice;
- Elise Stuck ’09 Teaching the Art of Business through Screen Printing;
- Jennifer Fox ’20 Me: The Brand and Edu-Wellness: Strategies for a More Balanced Lifestyle;
- Sharri Duncan ’20 HP Sprout: Tech for 2-D and 3-D Design in the Art Room;
- Samantha Rogers ’20 Multicultural Mixed Media Collage;
- Mary Carlisle ’03 The Ceramics Classroom: Sophisticated Surfaces for Any Grade;
- Andrea Elliott ’03 Renaissance Zines and Beyond the Following
Dr. Susanne Floyd Gunter, Chair of the Department of Art and Design said, “Converse has a long history of alumni who are exceptional teachers and leaders. We are so proud of our Art Education and Education degree alums who shine a light for us in the community.”
Susanne Floyd Gunter, Andrea Elliott, and Mary Carlisle hosted a reception for South Carolina Art Education Association Alumni at the conference to celebrate their success in the profession.