How do I view Class notes entries?
- After you submit the password, you will arrive at this page shown here.
- You can scroll through all Class Notes posts, or filter them by category, or by class year.
How do I filter Class Notes by category?
To filter by category, click on any of the categories, which include “All,” “Awards & Recognition,” “Career & Community,” “Family,” “In Memoriam & Sympathy,” “Travel,” and “Class Update.”
How do I submit my own Class Note?
- When you log in to Class Notes, you will see the “Tell Your Story” button at the top of the page. Click this button to begin the process of submitting your Class Note.
What information can be included in my Class Note?
- After clicking on “Tell Your Story,” you will arrive on the Class Notes submission form.
- First, you will be asked to submit your name, location, graduation year, and email address in the fields seen below:
- Next, you will be asked to identify the type of update being submitted. Click the “Type of Update” drop-down menu to reveal and select options, as seen below:
- You will then see a question about adding a link to your Class Note. Click “Yes” if you have a link to a relevant news article, blog post, or other web page. Please do not link to social media sites, as privacy settings will not allow all users to view your linked content. Note that all links will be reviewed before your post is published.
- If you click “Yes,” you will see two new inputs where you can include your link (e.g. www.converse.edu), a title for your link (e.g. “Converse Website”), and more info.
- Next, you will see a box labeled “Tell Your Story.” This is where you type the body of your Class Note, as seen below:
- Please note, this area is limited to 1,000 words. The status bar below the box will help to show you how close you are to the character limit. If you run out of room, please do not submit two separate Class Notes — instead, email email@example.com with the remaining text to be included. Note that all text content will be reviewed before your Class Note is published.
- After this, you will be asked if you have an image to upload with your story. If you would like to submit an image, click “Yes,” and you will see the following:
- To upload your image, click on “Choose File,” and select the image you would like to share from your computer. Please note, the picture must be at least 600×600 pixels in size (at least 1MB is a good minimum size to go by), and no larger than 5MB in size. Acceptable formats are JPG, JPEG, PNG and GIF. All image content will be reviewed before your Class Note is published.
- You will also see an input area for “Photo Caption.” If you have uploaded a photo, please caption it briefly (e.g. “Smith family trip to Charleston, SC in June 2017”).
- Finally, you will be asked for consent to allow the Converse website to store the information you are submitting. This is a data protection regulation for your safety, and Converse will not share your information in any way besides inclusion in Class Notes. Please select the check box beside this agreement to consent.
- All done? Please review your entry, then click the purple “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Please note, your submission will not appear automatically on the Class Notes page. Our team will review the submission and post within three business days.
Do you have questions or feedback to make Class Notes better?
- On behalf of the Converse Alumni and Web teams, we appreciate your time and insight regarding these pages. Our goal is to make Class Notes a useful and user-friendly tool, and we appreciate any feedback that would help us to improve the site and its content.
Please send your feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org