- MFA faculty member Cary Holladay had her newest book, Brides in the Sky, a collection of short stories, accepted for publication with the Ohio University Press.
- MFA nonfiction grad Cinelle Barnes ‘15 has new work in the current issue of Tayo Literary Magazine. The work is a chapter from her forthcoming book Monsoon Mansion.
- MFA poetry grad David Colodney ’16 won the Editor’s Choice Award for his poem “Biscayne Bay Lies Still, Like Glass” in Panoply Magazine.
- MFA poetry student Zoraida Pastor recently published a chapbook, Bear Echoes, through the O, Miami Category Six Chapbook Series.
- MFA fiction grad Scott Laughlin recently had translations of three poems by Portuguese writer Alberto de Lacerda in The Common.
- MFA poetry grad Gabrielle Brant Freeman ’13 recently had her poem “Letters to Ted Allen” featured in Barrelhouse Magazines special February feature “Pop Love.”
- MFA fiction grad Paul Michael Garrison ‘17 recently had his mystery novel Letters to the Editor accepted for publication with Owl Hollow Press in 2019.
What's Happening at Converse
For permission to take photos on campus, please contact Event Services.
Office of Communications
Assistant VP for Marketing and Communications
Faculty & Alumna Present at 17th World Congress of Music Therapy
Associate Professor & Director of Music Therapy Carol L. Shultis presented at the 2023 World Congress of Music Therapy in Vancouver, British Columbia, in July. Dr. Shultis showcased her research titled …
Dr. Walker to Give Address at Southern Historical Association Conference
Award-winning teacher & scholar Dr. Melissa Walker will give the Southern Association for Women Historians’ annual address at the Southern Historical Association. Dr. Walker will present, “The heyday of a …
Double Major Abeeha Sajid ’25 Awarded National Scholarship
The Board of Directors of Alpha Lambda Delta is pleased to announce that a Jo Anne J. Trow Undergraduate Scholarship has been awarded to Abeeha Sajid (Nisbet Honors; Converse College for …