Throughout the semester:
- Stay home if sick or having symptoms of COVID-19. Students or faculty who believe they may have had close contact with someone who is ill with COVID, or are exhibiting symptoms themselves, should complete the Health Screener AND seek advice from the Wellness Center on next steps.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19. Report any new vaccinations including boosters on the Vaccination Portal. Refer to the Vaccination guidelines and FAQs for full details on the vaccination policy including the process to request a medical or religious accommodation.
- Test routinely to stay in the know. Whether through a local provider or taking part in Converse’s on-campus offerings, routine testing continues to remain an important way of understanding your health status. Results should be submitted to the Proof of Test portal.
- Wear a mask in certain areas of campus. Converse is mask optional in most on-campus, indoor settings, including within instructional spaces. Some exclusions still apply. Anyone who would like to continue wearing masks in any setting is welcome to do so. Converse is a community that welcomes diversity of beliefs, and individuals should not be questioned about their decision to wear a mask nor discouraged or prohibited from wearing them.Masks will still be required:
- In healthcare facilities including the Wellness Center and testing/vaccination sites;
- When students and employees are following Wellness Center protocols;
- At some university events. Event organizers are responsible for communicating if an event requires masks of its guests.
- Residential students are required to have an isolation and quarantine plan in place. All residential students must complete and submit an isolation and quarantine plan to my.converse.edu. Converse does not offer on-campus isolation housing. Should the need to isolate or quarantine arise, the Wellness Center and our Residential Life team have pulled together some additional guidelines and resources to aid in that process.