Throughout the semester:
- Stay home if sick or having symptoms of COVID-19. Students or faculty who believe they may have had close contact with someone who is ill with COVID, or are exhibiting symptoms themselves, should complete the Health Screener AND seek advice from the Wellness Center on next steps.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19. Converse University strongly encourages all students, faculty, staff, and our Board of Trustees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy applies to all students, employees, and trustees who attend class, work, or engage in other activities at a Converse facility. Report any new vaccinations, including boosters on the Vaccination Portal.
- Test routinely to stay in the know. Routine testing continues to remain an important way of understanding your health status.
- Wear a mask in certain areas of campus. Converse is mask optional in most on-campus, indoor settings, including within instructional spaces. Some exclusions still apply. Anyone who would like to continue wearing masks in any setting is welcome to do so. Converse is a community that welcomes diversity of beliefs, and individuals should not be questioned about their decision to wear a mask nor discouraged or prohibited from wearing them.
Masks will still be required:
- In healthcare facilities including the Wellness Center and testing/vaccination sites;
- When students and employees are following Wellness Center protocols;
- At some university events. Event organizers are responsible for communicating if an event requires masks of its guests.