Converse College announces plans to resume in-person operations for the Fall 2021 term.
During the Fall 2020, January 2021, and Spring 2021 terms, Converse utilized a high-flex instructional model, with in-person and online components and options for asynchronous learning. Essential personnel reported to campus to perform their duties while non-essential staff were provided the option for remote work. To do all this safely and successfully, Converse made changes to the way its campus community lives, studies, and works, and the College reconfigured residential, classroom, and office facilities to make it possible.
With the Fall 2021 return to in-person operations, students, faculty, and staff will be attending classes and performing their work responsibilities at the Spartanburg and University Center of Greenville campuses, with classrooms returning to regular capacity as public health conditions allow. As applicable, students, faculty, and staff may continue to observe safety guidelines and protocols throughout the Fall 2021 term to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 which have included:
- Use of face coverings in classrooms and public areas;
- Reconfiguring seating arrangements and occupancy to promote physical distancing;
- Placing signage to reinforce physical distancing measures and line management in high-traffic areas;
- Redesigning how meals are provided and seating arrangements in the dining hall;
- Installing safety shields to separate individuals in customer service areas;
- Frequently wiping down high-touch surfaces like keyboards, door handles, and desks with a hospital-grade disinfectant listed as an EPA-approved product for killing the COVID-19 virus;
- Misting rooms on a regular basis with hospital-grade disinfectant;
- Placing hand sanitizer stations across campus;
- Health screenings through a daily symptom checklist questionnaire;
- Weekly COVID-19 testing; and
- Providing assistance and accommodations for those who are immune-compromised.
The College will continue to follow the guidance of public health officials and will remain flexible and adaptable should the situation with COVID-19 community spread change. For the most up-to-date information visit www.converse.edu/covid.