Is your vision to develop your talents as an artist or performer? Converse School of the Arts (SOA) may be the answer to your quest. High school seniors are invited to compete for talent-based scholarships in Art, Dance, Music, Musical Theatre and Theatre. To be admitted into the Petrie School of Music, auditions are required.Students may attend Performing and Visual Arts Scholarship Days in person or complete it virtually through Acceptd. Complete your submission here if you will attend virtually. If you have questions, please contact the School of the Arts Scholarship Coordinator, Laura-Clare Thevenet.
2021 Audition Dates
May 14, 2021 (Application deadline May 1, 2021)
Audition and Portfolio Review Process
1. Complete your application for admission to Converse.
2. Submit the audition/portfolio application for your specific area of interest:
3. Submit a teacher recommendation letter prior to your audition or portfolio review date.
More details are listed on your audition application form.
4. Attend your audition or portfolio review
5. Unable to attend your audition of portfolio review?
In some cases, you may be able to schedule an individual date with our School of the Arts Scholarship Coordinator, Laura-Clare Thevenet, if you are unable to attend a scheduled audition event. You may also submit a recording or off-campus review through Acceptd. More details are listed on your audition application form.
For all auditions, please bring a headshot and resume if possible.
- Please prepare roughly 16 bars each from two contrasting Musical Theatre songs; you will provide your own digital tracks or recorded piano accompaniment tracks from your phone or laptop. There is no a cappella singing.
- Please also prepare a monologue from a play or musical, no longer than 60 seconds in length.
- Please prepare and present a two-minute audition package consisting of two contrasting monologues from two different published plays.
- For those interested in design please prepare a 5-10 minute presentation of a physical portfolio or bring a laptop with digital access to a design folder that includes research, drawings and/or photos of productions, i.e. examples of your work.
- Prepare and perform a 60-90 second dance combination of either your own choreography or a piece that you’ve performed; please provide musical accompaniment via your phone or laptop.
Office Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends by appointment.