- Our faculty are professional artists who have collectively performed in more than 45 states and in 47 countries.
- Our reputation has attracted students from Ireland, Italy, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Panama, El Salvador, Ecuador, and beyond.
- Our remarkably low 7:1 student/teacher ratio ensures ongoing personal interaction with faculty.
- Converse holds the prestigious status as an all-Steinway school.
- Our graduates can be found on Broadway, in major symphony orchestras, opera houses, regional and municipal symphonies, jazz groups, chamber orchestras, colleges, universities and conservatories throughout the US and around the world.
“Majoring in Vocal Performance in the Petrie School of Music graduate program challenged me to achieve up to and beyond my limits. The Petrie School of Music faculty is completely dedicated to creating a professional level of performance within the school, and also works to prepare students for the highly competitive field of music after college.” – Donna Gallagher, MM ‘10