For consideration of admission, the applicant should have the following credentials:
- Graduation from an accredited college
- For full, non-provisional admission, the applicant must have an overall cumulative 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale of college work. Students must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale of college work for MEd in Administration and Leadership.
- A major undergraduate program appropriate for given teaching areas
- Certification in some area of teaching (may be waived in certain cases)
- Praxis II, normally taken in the Specialty Area for certification in South Carolina
Degree candidates are allowed to transfer nine hours of appropriate graduate credit (if completed within five years prior to beginning the Converse program) to their course of study. Many local school districts offer Converse graduate credit for staff development courses, and a limited number of these may also be used as part of the degree requirements.