- Great local and regional internship opportunities
- Hands-on learning through case studies with real companies
- Interdisciplinary coursework
Do you want the opportunity to work in virtually any industry, straight out of college? Do you like helping people and organizations maximize their potential? Are you a mediator, a morale booster, and a leader?
Consider studying Human Resource Management at Converse. From understanding employee benefits and hiring practices, to professional training sessions, a career in human resources is fulfilling and flexible.
- BA in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management
Spartanburg is home to more than 80 international companies from 19 countries and dozens of corporate headquarters. As a Converse Business Administration major, you will have the advantage of being in close proximity to these highly desirable internship sites, including:
- Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
- American Heart Association
- Partners for Active Living
- Mermet Corporation
- Whipp Advertising
- American Credit Acceptance
The Business Administration major and the Human Resource Management concentration are designed to provide you with a broad understanding of the way businesses operate. You will learn reporting practices and gain a deep understanding of organizational theories of culture change. You will gain expertise in the different types and styles of business management. Our faculty will guide you to examine the ethical and legal context of the profession.
Our Business Administration BA with a Human Resources concentration will also prepare you for master’s level studies in Business Administration or related fields. Learn more about our BA in Business Administration.
- Labor and Human Relations Law
- Labor Economics
- Personnel Economics for Managers
- Psychology in the Workplace
What are common careers in Human Resource Management?
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Strategic Planning
- Training and Development Specialists
- Employment, Recruitment and Placement Specialists
- Human Resources Information System Analysts
- Employee Assistance Plan Managers
Our Human Resource Management alumni have careers as:
- Communications Representative at Reeves Construction Company
- Director of Human Resources at Augusta, Georgia Government
- Associate in Leadership Development Program at Ford Motor Credit
Three Seniors Offered Full-time Positions with Ford
Three Converse seniors have been offered full-time positions with Ford Motor Company in Nashville, Tennessee and Tampa, Florida. McKayla Davis ‘19, Jacqueline Torres ‘19 (Nisbet Honors), and Alexis Turner ’19 …