Taking part in community service improves your leadership skills, enables you to see the impact you can make in your community, helps you learn about yourself and builds your resume.
Service Opportunities Include:
- MLK Day of Service Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?'” Each year, Americans across the country answer that question by coming together on the King Holiday to serve their neighbors and communities.
- Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week The week before Thanksgiving every year is a time for us all to start to think about what we are thankful for, a perfect time to share our compassion with our neighbors who are experiencing homelessness, and work toward a world where no one has to experience hunger or homelessness. This week includes events and programs geared toward educating people about hunger and homelessness locally and nationally as well as various volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer Fair Once a year, Converse hosts various non-profit organizations at its Volunteer Fair. This gives the Converse community a chance to see where they can volunteer and how they can be making an impact on the lives of people in the Spartanburg community.
- AmeriCorps Week Each year we recognize the commitment of AmeriCorps members and alums by highlighting the extraordinary impact AmeriCorps makes across our nation every day.
- Crescent Mentoring Program This semester-long or year-long program invited Converse students to become a mentor to a local school student. For the past two years, we have partnered with Broome High School.
- Mobile Meals This is a weekly opportunity for volunteers to deliver meals to homebound community members.
- 60 Seconds of Service Once a month, volunteers make sandwiches for local school children who have little to nothing to eat outside of school. This is a partnership with the Sidewalk Hope Truck at Journey Church who delivers the sandwiches every Tuesday and Thursday.