Student self-governance is an essential element of the Converse community.
As a member of SGA, every student has the opportunity to voice their concerns to members of the administration, collaborate to effectively confront challenges, and put innovative ideas into practice for the betterment of the student body.
- Vice President
- Honor Board Chair
- Civitas Council Chair
- Converse Activities Board Chair
- Diversity Initiatives Chair
- Traditions Chair
- Student Chaplain
- Valkyries Club Chair
- Social Media and Elections Chair
Converse’s Student Senate provides a forum for students to meet and discuss challenges and growth opportunities facing the campus. Senate proposes legislation and works to make positive change across the campus community.
- The Facilities Committee works with maintenance and facilities in order to ensure the best physical environment for our campus.
- The Student Services Committee works with a variety of offices that provide services to students, including campus safety, the registrar and tutoring services to develop a network with departments across campus.
- Communications strives to get information out regarding the campus goings-on, as well as organizing the annual Holiday Party for the student body.
- Academic Affairs provides the bridge from students to academic administration.
- The Legislative Committee works to ensure that any and all legislation is correct and as ready as possible before it goes before the student body or administration.
Council of Organizations
The President’s Council of Organizations (PCO) is a monthly forum attended by the presidents of every SGA-chartered organization. It provides an opportunity to network, cross-pollinate ideas and collaborate to enrich every organization’s offerings for the student body.
Class officers serve as the communications hub for their class, spearhead class involvement in events like 1889 week, and organize special class traditions such as Big Sis/Lil Sis and Junior Ring Ceremony.