Why a Converse Intern?
Converse has an active, well-established Internship Program where students successfully complete credit-bearing internships. The Center for Career Development stays connected with both the employer and student throughout the internship.
Benefits to Employers:
- Make a significant contribution to the professional preparation of college students.
- Increase the visibility of your organization to the Converse community.
- Expect enthusiastic students who are eager to gain work experience in their field of interest.
- Obtain help for special projects or peak work periods.
- Save on recruiting costs by considering interns as potential future employees.
How Does the Program Work?
Eligibility: Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of application for an internship. Individual academic departments may require a higher cumulative or departmental GPA.
All students are required to declare their major to be eligible.
Credit: Most internships are completed for 3 credit hours, which is equal to 120 hours of work.
Terms: Fall, Winter (January), Spring, Summer.
For more information on our internship program, please contact Cathy Gowan, Director of Internships and Career Services, at 864-596-9389 or email her at email@example.com.
- Agree to the terms of the program by signing the Converse Internship Agreement
- Provide realistic exposure to the career field and assist the student with developing learning objectives for the internship
- Outline internship responsibilities and expectations for the semester
- Inform student of required safety standards, orientations, organization policies and procedures
- Meet with the student and provide performance feedback on a regular basis
- Adhere to the ‘Test for Unpaid Interns and Students’ on the U.S. Department of Labor fact sheet
- Maintain contact with the Center for Career Development regarding the student’s progress
- Complete a performance evaluation at the mid point and end of the internship
- Schedule a feedback session with the student at the end of the internship to process final evaluations.
Employers & Recruiters
Employers can advertise an internship or job opportunity on Handshake, our online career platform.
Office: Montgomery 204