- Providing parking registration for students, faculty and staff.
- Supplying photo identification and access cards for the campus community.
- Assisting campus motorists with minor vehicle problems.
- Providing an after-dark campus escort service.
- Maintaining fire alarm systems and equipment.
- Offering crime prevention lectures and seminars.
- Inspecting buildings for safety compliance.
- Maintaining a lost and found.
- Periodically partner with the Division of Student Development and Success to offer interactive student programming on various safety issues. Popular topics have included Auto Care & Maintenance and Personal Safety & Self Defense.
- Providing emergency call boxes in strategic campus locations.
- Maintaining Limited Access System in residence halls.
- Producing, reporting, maintaining, and distributing criminal statistics for compliance with Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act.
- Meeting regularly with Spartanburg City Police for purposes of training, statistical information, crime prevention issues, monitoring and recording of incidents regarding student criminal activity off-campus. (NOTE) Spartanburg City Police will notify Converse within a timely fashion and if they know the suspect or victim is a Converse student.
- Working closely with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies as the situation dictates. Converse is located within the Spartanburg city limits, and therefore the city police department has jurisdiction when criminal activity necessitates investigation of alleged criminal offenses.
- Maintaining an open Campus Safety log of all reported crimes that will be made public within two business days of the incident.
Converse seeks to provide an atmosphere of social and legal responsibility with regard to alcohol consumption. All students and their guests must comply with South Carolina law and Converse policies concerning the purchase, consumption and possession of alcoholic beverages on campus.
The Department of Campus Safety will issue identification validation for those students who are 21 years of age. Students without special validation will not be permitted to drink alcoholic beverages on campus. No alcoholic beverages may be kept or consumed in the residence halls. The use, selling, bartering, exchanging and giving away of illegal drugs is prohibited by state law as well as campus policy.
Throughout the year, there are various Drug and Alcohol Education programs and activities. Converse participates in National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week in the fall and sponsors a Wellness Fair in the spring. Residence hall programs, campus-wide activities and resources for substance abuse counseling are coordinated through the Counseling Center. Converse employees also work within a responsible environment that is in compliance with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Converse is a Tobacco Free campus.
Storing or possessing firearms and explosives of any type including fireworks, chemical or any lethal weapon is not permitted on campus. Any violation of this policy can result in College disciplinary action as well as criminal charges.
Read the Clery Act letter here.
We are currently limiting visitors on campus. For permission to take photos on campus, please complete this request form.