Support Services For Survivors And Accused Students
SAFE Home Rape Crisis Coalition is an off-campus resource that provides confidential services for assault survivors, no matter when the assault occurred. Services include: crisis intervention; advocacy throughout medical, police interviews, and legal proceedings; and individual counseling. Individual and group therapy is provided on a sliding scale fee basis. SAFE Homes is located at 158 West Main Street in Spartanburg and has a 24-hour answering service at 864.583.9803.
Converse’s Counseling Services is an on-campus resource that provides free and confidential short-term counseling for students. It is located in the Wellness Center in Andrews Hall, 864.596.9595. The Center also has a list of local counseling resources for referrals off-campus.
Converse’s Health Services is an on-campus resource that provides nursing assistance and access to local physicians, as well as referrals to off-campus medical resources. It is located in the Wellness Center in Andrews Hall, 864.596.9258.
The Converse Division of Student Development and Success is available to assist students with locating resources for support, filing a disciplinary complaint, explaining judicial procedures, notifying instructors of absences or other needs, helping with housing needs, and/or helping a student withdraw. It is located in Montgomery Student Center, 864.596.9016.
The South Carolina Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service can assist students in finding an attorney to represent her/him in civil and criminal proceedings. The phone number is 1.800.868.2284.
The following offices within the College and in the Spartanburg community provide a variety of educational offerings. Many multimedia materials are available for viewing and/or checkout. A number of educational campus activities take place each year focusing on such issues as sexual misconduct. These include: New Student Orientation programs for students and parents, Natural High Week, Health Fair, self-defense programs, and many others. For more information the following offices should be contacted:
- The Division of Student Development and Success, Montgomery Student Center, 864.596.9016
- Campus Safety, Campus Safety Building, 864.596.9026
- Chaplain’s Office, Montgomery Student Center, 864.596.9078
- Counseling Services, Andrews Hall (Wellness Center), 864.596.9595
- Health Services, Andrews Hall (Wellness Center), 864.596.9258
- Wellness Library, Andrews Hall (Wellness Center), 864.596.9258
In the Upstate Community
- Mary Black Hospital, Spartanburg, 864.573.3000
- Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Spartanburg, 864.560.6000
- SAFE Homes Rape Crisis Coalition of Spartanburg, 158 West Main Street, 864.583.9803
- Spartanburg Area Mental Health Center, 149 E. Wood Street, 864.585.0366
For a complete description of the Sexual Harassment Policy, please refer to the Student Handbook available on My.Converse.
For permission to take photos on campus, please contact Event Services.