The purpose of this policy is to establish procedures to be followed if a missing person complaint is made to the Converse University Campus Safety office. If a complaint is made to this office, comply with the following:
- Person receiving the complaint will immediately dispatch a Converse University Campus Safety officer to the location of the complaint.
- The responding officer will gather all essential information about the person (description, clothes last worn, where subject might be, who they might be with, vehicle description, etc.) An up to date photograph may also be obtained to aid in the search.
- The responding officer will also gather information about the physical and mental well being of the individual.
- Appropriate campus staff will be notified to aid in the search for the individual.
- A quick, but thorough search will be conducted in all campus buildings and parking lots.
- Class schedules will be obtained and a search of classrooms will be conducted.
If the above actions are unsuccessful in locating the person or it is apparent from the beginning that the person is actually missing, (i.e. call from parents, guardians) the investigation will be turned over to the appropriate local law enforcement agency. At this time, they become the authority in charge and the Campus Safety Department will assist them in any way necessary.
The Dean of Community Life or designee will be responsible for communicating with the family or relatives of the missing person.
For permission to take photos on campus, please contact Event Services.