The Wellness Center offers health services to all currently enrolled students, as well as faculty and staff.
Health Services supports the overall health of the campus community by providing holistic, high-quality, affordable, and easily accessible preventive and diagnostic primary medical care. We are committed to providing education, programming, and interventions that promote a healthy lifestyle, support academic and professional success, and lead to an optimum level of wellness.
The nurse practitioner is able to provide a wide variety of services, including:
- Provide yearly physicals and exams
- Prescribe medications
- Diagnose and treat acute conditions such as bronchitis, sinus infections, flu, injuries, and abdominal pain
- Identify, treat, and manage chronic diseases such as asthma
- Identify and treat mild mental health concerns such as depression, anxiety, and panic attacks
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests such as x-rays, blood work, and EKGs
- Perform pelvic exams and prescribe birth control
- Provide counseling on nutrition, exercise, smoking cessation, and other health goals
- Make referrals to other health care providers and specialists
Health services at the Wellness Center are covered by student health fees for all currently enrolled, full-time, traditional Converse University students.
Learn more about Student Health Fees and Health Insurance.
Schedule an Appointment
Except in cases of emergency, Wellness Center visits are generally by appointment only.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please call the Wellness Center in advance so that we can give you a brief phone screening.
Monday—Thursday: 8:30 AM—5:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM—12:00 PM
Please note: These hours do not apply to summer.