It’s Your Time
You’ve studied, you’ve prepared and now you’re ready to find the college experience that matches your vision for the future. Do you think you can change the world? We believe you can.
How to Apply
Completing your application is the first step to starting your journey at Converse. The sooner you apply, the greater consideration you will have for scholarships. The process is simple and there’s no application fee. Our “rolling admissions” approach means we are still accepting applications and deposits when other schools’ deadlines (including May 1st National Candidate Reply Date) have already passed.
- Complete your online application. You can also apply through the Common Application.
- Send us your high school transcript. You can request your transcript through your high school guidance office. If you’ve taken courses at multiple high schools or through dual enrollment at a local college, we’ll need those
- Converse is now test-optional. If you feel your SAT and/or ACT scores accurately reflect your academic ability, you may send them to us using SAT code 5121 or ACT code 3852.
- If you’re interested in majoring in programs in music, musical theatre, theatre, or art and design, you’ll also need to schedule an audition. See more information below.
- Are you a woman looking for an empowering undergraduate learning environment that focuses on mentorship, service, and leadership? Check out the Converse College for Women.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available online after October 1. More information about the FAFSA and financial aid is available through the Office of Financial Planning.
- Plan your campus visit.
- Choose Converse! You can commit to Converse by paying the enrollment deposit of $200 or by completing an Intent to Enroll (ITE) form. The ITE can only be used by those who have completed their FAFSA and sent it to Converse using our school code 003431.
A visit to Converse is the most authentic way to experience campus life. Immerse yourself in our vibrant, diverse community and get a close-up look at our affordable, top-ranked private college. We believe this experience is such a meaningful part of getting to know Converse that we’ll reimburse you up to $200 for your trip through our travel voucher.
Excited to come to campus? Prefer to visit from home? Either way, we can’t wait to talk with you about the admissions process, learn about your college journey, show you around campus and answer all of your questions!
Attend an Event
We are excited for you to meet our faculty, engage with current students and check out life on campus. We are committed to offering you every opportunity to get to know Converse and imagine yourself as a student here. Events may look different these days, but we are sure that our vibrant campus life, the dedication of our exceptional faculty and the opportunities that Converse has for you will be evident no matter what the platform!
We don’t want anything to stand in the way of you getting to experience Converse. Request a travel voucher before or after you schedule an individual or Open House visit and we will reimburse you up to $200 for mileage, lodging, and/or airfare.
The Travel Voucher is for traditional-aged students interested in undergraduate programs only. It may be used twice in the enrollment process: once before and once after admission to the University. Usage of the voucher is limited to admissions events and at the discretion of the Admissions Office. Travel vouchers cannot be used by prospective student-athletes attending as part of an official visit. Please contact your coach or Admissions Counselor if you have questions.
Cost, Scholarships and Financial Aid
Since our tuition reset in 2014, Converse provides you with a private college education at a public university price.
|2021-2022 Tuition, Room and Board|
|Full-Time Tuition and Fees||$19,500|
|Room and Board||$11,948|
Tuition, room and board goes further at Converse with many benefits such as included laundry, cable TV, and micro-fridges that you’d pay extra for at other colleges. However, students are responsible for some additional fees including Student Government Association, laboratory or studio costs, private music lessons, and others. You can find a full schedule of fees in the current academic catalog.
Scholarships and Aid
By completing your application on-time, you’re automatically considered for academic scholarships. These awards range in value based on students’ academic profiles.
Generous support from Converse alumni and donors and a strong endowment allow us to provide a wide array of scholarships and need-based grants. Converse University is pleased to offer endowed academic scholarships to incoming students that range from $1,000-$5,000 and are determined by academic credentials. Please contact the Office of Admissions for the criteria for each scholarship.
Freshman students outside the state of SC will receive an out-of-state grant in the amount of $1,000.
Converse Scholars Day
Admitted students with strong academic profiles will be invited to a Converse Scholars Day. Qualified students must be admitted to the college prior to November 1st or February 1st to receive an invitation to Converse Scholars Day. In addition to meeting top faculty and other Converse Scholars, you may receive additional academic scholarships in varying amounts, including full tuition and full comprehensive scholarships. These scholarships are awarded based on a faculty or staff interview as well as your merit, extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
Talent Scholarships for Athletics, Music, and the Arts
If you’re going to be competing as a Valkyrie for one of our NCAA II Division sports, contact your coach about potential scholarships. And, if you’re interested in studying music, musical theatre, theatre, or the arts, see the information below about auditioning and additional aid.
State and Federal Awards
You may qualify for a wide range of merit and/or need-based awards from South Carolina or the Department of Education. Learn more about these awards.
School of Arts Auditions, Portfolio Reviews, and Scholarships
Is your vision to develop your talents as an artist or performer? Converse School of the Arts (SOA) may be the answer to your quest. High school seniors are invited to compete for talent-based scholarships in Art, Dance, Music, Musical Theatre and Theatre. To be admitted into the Petrie School of Music, auditions are required.
Audition and Portfolio Review Process
2. Submit the audition/portfolio application for your specific area of interest:
3. Submit one teacher recommendation letter prior to your audition or portfolio review date.
More details are listed on your audition application form.
4. Attend your audition or portfolio review
See the upcoming audition dates here. You may also be able to submit a recording or off-campus review.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Evenings and weekends by appointment.