Converse’s 5th annual Rock the Tower day of giving raised more than $145,110, a 6.7% increase over last year, making it the single-largest day of giving in the school’s history. Gifts received benefit scholarships, academic enhancements, athletics programs and departments around campus that enhance the student experience.
Rock the Tower, is more than the amount of money raised – it’s about the Converse community connectingKristina Pisano – Director of Annual Giving
At the stroke of midnight on November 13, Rock the Tower took over the Converse website and social media channels raising support and awareness for areas across campus. Alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents and friends continued to rally support all the way up to the final moments before the campaign ended at midnight.
Kristina Pisano, Director of Annual Giving, said, “Rock the Tower, is more than the amount of money raised – it’s about the Converse community connecting on social media; it’s voicing appreciation for how you were impacted by your alma mater; and it’s about providing opportunities that positively impact students, support faculty, and so much more.”
By the Numbers
- Total Amount Raised $145,110
- Total Number of Gifts Received: 583
- Total Number of Donors: 536
- Number of new donors: 36
Types of Donors
- Alumni: 68%
- Graduate Alumni:4%
- Non-Degreed Alumni:1%
- Faculty and Staff: 22%
- Students: 2%
- Parents: 3%
- Early Bird Award for First Gift of the Day: Mary Martin Witt ’71
- Night Owl Award for Last Gift of the Day: Liz Hardig-DeGraff ’20 (Graduate Alumna)
- All Aboard Award for the Class with Highest Participation: Class of 1999
- Altruistic Award for the Class with Highest Amount Raised: Class of 1989
Originally published in The Converse Magazine.