Items currently available to Converse students in need:
- Non-perishable food
- Frozen meals
- Soap/body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- School supplies
- Laundry detergent
- Professional clothes and shoes
Items we currently need:
- Feminine products
- Laundry Detergent
- Breakfast Bars
- To-go items such as chips, nuts, or trail mix
- Fruit cups
- Apple sauce
- Ramen cups
- Who can use Valkyrie Supply? Any student may utilize this resource for food, personal hygiene products, or professional clothing free of charge. There is no application or screening process.
- Will Valkyrie Supply be open over breaks? The Valkyrie Supply is open when Montgomery Student Center is open. Please come inside and take what you need.
- How much can I take? We ask that you take what you need while also being considerate of what others in our community may also need.
- Where can I donate supplies? Donations for food and hygiene products can be left in the lobby of the Office of Spiritual Life at any time (Montgomery 201). We can also arrange a local pick-up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange clothing drop off in Montgomery 204.
- What type of clothing items do you accept? We gladly accept clean, gently used professional clothing items our students can confidently wear to interviews. Items like blazers, suit jackets, dress shirts, dress pants, dresses, professional skirts/blouses, and dress shoes in a variety of sizes would be a huge help. Unfortunately, we cannot accept casual clothing.
- Can I leave questions or suggestions anonymously? Yes! There is a small box located at the front of the Valkyrie Supply entrance to leave feedback or suggestions anonymously.
- Who keeps the Valkyrie Supply up and running? The Valkyrie Supply is maintained on a weekly basis through a joint effort between the Office of Spiritual Life and the Office of Career Development. We are indebted to our graduate assistants and student workers for their hard work and dedication to the maintenance of this initiative!
We’re also in need of community partners to help us keep our space stocked and up to date! If you know of a business, congregation or local organization that would like to help host a drive for the personal hygiene or food pantry portions of Valkyrie Supply, please contact email@example.com.