Office of Research & Engagement Holds Faculty Book Reception
Converse University’s Office of Research & Engagement held its first faculty book reception on November 4, 2022. The reception celebrated works published since 2020 by Converse faculty.
- Elder, A. E. (2022). Love and Duty: Confederate Widows and the Emotional Politics of Loss. The University of North Carolina Press.
- Theilmann, J. (2022). Disease and Society in Premodern England. Routledge.
- Dearybury, J., & Jones, J. P. (2020). The Playful Classroom: The Power of Play for All Ages. John Wiley & Sons.
- Jones, J. & Dearybury, J. (under contract- 2022). The Playful Life. Wiley Jossey- Bass: San Francisco, CA.
- McCoy, M. L., & Keen, S. M. (2022). Child abuse and neglect 3rd edition. Psychology Press/Taylor and Francis Group.
Editor and Lead Author:
- DeLapp, K. (2022). Portraits of Confucius: The Reception of Confucianism, 1560-1960, Vols. 1 & 2. Bloomsbury.
- Hall, Mirko M. “Conclusion: The Future is Now: Saving German Studies in a Brave New World” in Outreach Strategies and Innovative Teaching Approaches for German Programs, eds. Melissa Etzler and Gabriele Maier (New York: Routledge, 2021), 204–210.
- Hall, Mirko M. “Death in June and the Apoliteic Specter of Neofolk in Germany” in Sounds German: Popular Music in Postwar Germany at the Crossroads of the National and Transnational, ed. Kirkland A. Fulk (New York: Berghahn Books, 2021), 106–125.
- Hanna-Tominaga, M. (2022). Standby Life as We Know It… Life as We (Now) Know It, Go: A Case Study in the Hybrid Stage Management Classroom. In Teaching Performance Practices in Remote and Hybrid Spaces (pp. 190-195). Routledge.
- Hawk, J., Ray, S. J., Robinson, J. K., & Thomas-Smith, T. E. (2022). Multi-Week Lab Projects Incorporate Breadth and Depth into Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Courses. In Active Learning in the Analytical Chemistry Curriculum (pp. 221-248). American Chemical Society.
- Meg Lee Linking the Psychology of Learning to Classroom Instruction Book title: Talent Development in School; An Educator’s Guide to Implementing a Culturally Responsive Talent Identification and Development Program. Prufrock Press (2021)
- Sara Torres “Teaching Courtly Love in the Medieval Literature Classroom: Desire, Consent, and the #MeToo Movement” (with Rebecca McNamara), in #MeToo and Literary Studies: Reading, Writing, and Teaching about Sexual Assault and Rape Culture, ed. Heather Hewett and Mary Holland. Bloomsbury, 2021, pp. 323-37.
- Ross Brendle Effigies: Ancient Portraiture as Figuration of the Particular by Dietrich Boschung, originally published in German
- Andrew Blanchard Ice On A Hot Stove: A Decade of Converse MFA Poetry (Cover). Edited by Denise Duhamel/Rick Mulkey. Clemson University Press.
- Andrew Blanchard Southwest Review (Cover). Summer Issue. Volume 106, Number 2. Editor, Greg Brownderville.
- Andrew Blanchard The Southern Quarterly. Special Issue: Southern Expatriates. Winter/Spring 2020. Volume 57, Numbers 2-3. Pages 31 + 59.
University of Southern Mississippi Press. Editor, Kate Cochran.