Miles Hoffman, Dean of Converse’s Petrie School of Music, was the featured guest on the January 9th edition of the wildly popular “Walter Edgar’s Journal,” which is aired on South Carolina’s National Public Radio affiliates.
The download for the podcast is no longer available.
During the program, Hoffman talks about
- his journey to becoming music commentator for National Public Radio’s “Morning Edition” and Dean of Converse’s Petrie School of Music;
- why he views his job to being similar to that of Fox Sports commentator John Madden;
- how his commentaries are recorded;
- why technology has yet to build a better violin;
- the future of classical music as he sees it.