Guarantee 1: We guarantee all undergraduate, full-time students will graduate from Converse in four years. We are committed to your success. If you don’t graduate in four years, the rest of your classes needed to complete your degree at Converse will be free*.
Guarantee 2: We guarantee all students will be employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation, or be eligible to return for a full year tuition-free*.
- Provide complete and accurate information about degree and major requirements;
- Connect you with an academic advisor on campus to help you succeed in your program;
- Offer courses in a regular rotation that will allow students to get to graduation successfully. Course offerings can be found in the catalog or my.converse.edu.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for the Converse Guarantee to graduate in four years you must:
- Begin your full-time college career at Converse (transfer and Converse II students are not eligible).
- Take responsibility for knowing degree and major requirements.
- Review your plan of study regularly with your academic advisor, especially during the first and second years.
- Notify your advisor promptly of changes in your plan of study.
- Submit the Declaration or Change of Degree Major/Minor form no later than the spring of the second year.
- Register for classes during the University’s published registration period.
- Complete an average of 30 semester hours each academic year.
- Earn grades sufficient to allow you to enroll in the next level of required courses in order not to repeat courses.
- Students who change majors can keep the guarantee only with the approval of the Senior Associate Provost for Student Success.
- Students who are pursuing multiple majors or minors that will extend their time to degree do not qualify for the guarantee.
If you are not employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation, you may be eligible to return for a full year tuition-free, not including room, board, fees or other expenses.
To be eligible to return to Converse for a full year tuition-free, students must:
- Aggressively seek entry-level, full-time employment (At least one application per week during the semester of commencement and two applications per week after commencement) or admission to multiple graduate schools in a variety of qualifying programs, related to the undergraduate program of study at Converse.
- Participate in at least one significant campus extracurricular activity/athletic team and/or extensive volunteer service annually.
- Fully utilize the Office of Career Development career assistance and employment preparation.
- Complete all of the following Career Development Programs & Professional Development Tools:
- 3 hour credited internship
- Eportfolio demonstrating four of the six competencies by the end of the student’s seventh semester at Converse
- CON 101 or CON 102 course with grade of B or better
- Robust LinkedIn profile
- Receive a positive letter of recommendation from their academic advisor.
To be eligible for any guarantees, you must:
- Maintain academic good standing and make satisfactory academic progress each year.
- Remain in good disciplinary standing.
- Meet published Converse payment deadlines.
The University reserves the right to discontinue and/or modify the terms of the Converse Guarantee at any time. The Converse Guarantee does not include room, board, fees or other expenses.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Evenings and weekends by appointment.