You’ll go far with mentors like these by your side.
Our faculty are committed to providing transformative learning experiences for our students. They are also practicing professionals, international performers and award-winning authors, artists, scholars and researchers. We have faculty lecturing on biomedical ethics in Iceland, bringing cutting-edge technology to opera, and landing half-million-dollar grants to improve research facilities right here on campus.
With all this innovating going on, it’s no wonder Converse has an infectious campus culture of creativity, continual learning and problem-solving. These are the mentors you’ll call your own as a Converse student. So take advantage! Ask for advice! Join them for lunch in Gee! You won’t find access to these great minds anywhere else.
- 95% of full-time faculty hold the terminal degree in their fields
- 82% of courses are taught by full-time faculty
- 3 faculty members were named South Carolina Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation
- More than 60 books have been authored by our faculty
- According to the National Survey for Student Engagement (NSSE), Converse students more frequently work with faculty outside of class, speak with faculty about careers and graduate school, and receive direct feedback on their work than their peers at other schools