- MEASURES 1-4: Includes 1. Impact on P-12 learning and development (Performance of Annual 1 Contract Teachers in South Carolina), 2. Indicators of teaching effectiveness (College Supervisor Summative Evaluation of Student Teachers), 3. Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones (Employer Satisfaction Survey), and 4. Satisfaction of completers (Completer Satisfaction Survey)
- MEASURE 5: Graduation Rates
- MEASURE 6: Ability of Completers to Meet Licensing (Certification) and Any Additional State Requirements
- MEASURE 7: Ability of Completers to be Hired in Education Positions for Which They Have Been Prepared
- MEASURE 8: Standard Loan Default Rates and Other Consumer Information
Converse University Education Programs are accredited through the South Carolina Department of Education under the guidance of the Council for the Accreditation for Education Preparation (CAEP)
Converse University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award degrees at Level V (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Musical Arts, Master of Music, Master of Liberal Arts, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Education, Master in Marriage and Family Therapy, Master of Fine Arts, Masters in Management, Educational Specialist, and Doctor of Education). Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Converse College.
Evaluation Process & Data
Converse University has accepted the challenge of developing and maintaining exemplary programs that lead to initial certification and licensure for our highly-qualified candidates. As an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) under the guidance of CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation), the university is committed to the continuous improvement model, the professional CAEP Standards, and the continual assessment of candidates and the evaluation of programs.
Using valid and reliable measurements, the university collects, collates, and reviews continuous assessment data on each candidate and program. Both pre-service and in-service educators provide the university with the feedback necessary to maintain our “nationally recognized” programs. Our goal is to provide high-quality instruction and preparatory experiences for educators while demonstrating a measurable impact on student learning in the public schools.
In preparation for continuing accreditation, Converse University invites public comment about its education programs. Comments may be sent to email@example.com.
School of Education & Graduate Studies
Converse is a nationally recognized and regionally accredited doctoral university.