Converse College Innovative Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Converse College’s strategic plan was created around a framework that is grounded in our Mission and Core Values. It is guided by our Vision to be nationally recognized as an excellent doctoral university, acclaimed as a center for creative thinking and learning and as a community that produces engaged citizens who effect positive change.
Three themes serve as pillars for the plan, in order to align mission-driven initiatives with market-driven demands: Vibrant Community, Academic Excellence, and Sustainable Future.
The strategic planning process took place throughout 2018. The first phase of the plan, outlined below, was announced in Fall 2018. Next steps include research for each initiative to develop actionable plans, budgets, and timelines. The plan’s evolution will continue, and it will guide the College through its completion in 2023.
Strategic Plan Themes & Overview
Phase I: Strategic Initiatives
Strategic Alignment & Theme Teams
Thank you to the Strategic Alignment Team, which provided oversight for the plan as a whole, and to our three Theme Teams, which focused on developing initiatives for each of the plans themes. Team members were appointed by Converse President Krista Newkirk. Their time and talents successfully guided our planning process, and helped lead to our new key strategies and goals.
STRATEGIC ALIGNMENT TEAM
- Krista Newkirk, President
- Jeff Barker, Provost
- Jenn Bell, Athletic Director
- Krista Bofill, VP Institutional Advancement
- Will Case, Asst. Prof. of Chemistry & Co-chair of NHP
- Zach Corbitt, CIO
- Nancy Gage, Database Programmer
- Nikeshia Gilliam, HR Director
- Boone Hopkins, Dean SOA/APSS
- Beth Lancaster, Dir. Media Relations
- Robin Leslie, VP Finance & Administration
- Lienne Medford, Dean Education & Grad. Studies
- Rhonda Mingo, Dean of Students
- Trevor Pittman, AVP Enrollment Management
- Wendy Vinson, Dean of Admissions
- Jessica Williams, Chair Mathematics and Computer Science Department
Keshia Gilliam, Co-Chair
Boone Hopkins, Co-Chair
Jeff Barker, Co-Chair
Jessica Williams, Co-Chair
Krista Bofill, Co-Chair
Tori McLean Good
Robin Leslie, Co-Chair