The South Carolina Historical Association conference welcomes historians in all fields, and at all phases of their careers, including graduate students and independent scholars, to submit proposals for the annual meeting.
Please join us in congratulating five Converse history majors who successfully presented research at the 2022 South Carolina Historical Association Annual Conference.
- Adara Aho ’22 presented “Upstate South Carolina’s Convict Labor History.”
- Morgan Chicos ’22 presnted “An Outlaw as the American Ideal: The Prohibition Smuggler.”
- Sierra Feser ’22 presented “The Hidden and Forgotten: The Experiences of Women with Mental Illness Living in 19th Century South Carolina.”
- Edith Hutcheson ’22 presented “A Woman’s Influence: France, England, and King Arthur’s Court.”
- Karen Mims ’22 presented “How the ‘White City’ Upheld White Supremacy.”