Our Music Therapy program has a unique partnership with Spartanburg Regional Health System to provide clinical experiences for students. Our Associate Professor of Music Therapy, Dr. Carol Shultis, has worked in the field for more than 30 years with a wide variety of clinical populations.
Other reasons to choose Converse:
- Music Therapy training is conducted within the Petrie School of Music, known for its musical excellence
- Practicum experiences conducted with adults and children in the community; faculty members serve onsite as mentors and supervisors
- Extensive classroom and on-site clinical experience
- Classroom and individual instruction in improvisation and creative skills for clinical use
- Faculty members are actively involved in state, regional and national music therapy organizations, serving in leadership roles and mentoring student involvement in these organizations
- The Music Therapy Program at Converse is guided by the standards set forth by the American Music Therapy Association