Are you interested in understanding the business of healthcare? Would you like to open a door to rapidly growing field with countless career opportunities?
Consider a career in Healthcare Administration, the management, administration or leadership of health care systems, both public and private.
- BA in Healthcare Administration
About Healthcare Administration
There’s never been a better time to join the healthcare industry. More than half of the 20 fastest growing occupations in the U.S. are in health services fields. Doctors and nurses need healthcare administrators in a variety of roles to ensure they maintain a smoothly running business. From tracking trends in a rapidly-changing industry to supervising the delivery of services by doctors, nurses and technicians, healthcare administrators play a key role in making our communities healthy.
With a high concentration of exceptional medical facilities right in our backyard, Spartanburg is an ideal place to study Healthcare Administration. We are home to the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, the Mary Black Health Care System, nonprofits like ReGenesis Healthcare and AccessHealth, which work towards treating the uninsured, and numerous physician and physical therapy practices. You will find opportunities to intern, experience hands-on learning, and network with local and regional professionals.
- Benefit from the partnerships between Converse and regional healthcare systems
- Learn from practicing professionals such as Dr. David Church, Vice President of Oncology and Support Services at Spartanburg Medical Center
An internship is a required and important part of the Healthcare Administration major. You will complete an internship at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, its affiliate practices, or other healthcare facilities in the immediate region.
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Healthcare Administration major is specifically designed for the expanding and increasingly complex healthcare management field. You will learn the basic concepts of business and financial accounting, the vocabulary and concepts of marketing, the various styles of management and communications within a healthcare environment, and explore the broader issues of national healthcare policies and resource allocation.
The structure of our healthcare administration program emphasizes creativity in addressing real-world issues, student-faculty interaction, and interning with local professionals in the real world. The major will offer you internship and capstone experiences that will equip you for a career in a growing industry after graduation.
- Healthcare and Economic Policy
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Healthcare Communications
- Healthcare Legal and Ethics
- Administration, Management, and Leadership
- Community and Public Health Epidemiology
- Healthcare Finance and Accounting
- Facility Planning and the Environment of Care
What are common careers in Healthcare Administration?
- Ambulatory care center manager
- Clinical director/manager
- Healthcare consultant
- Healthcare financial manager
- Hospital administrator
- Insurance specialist
- Medical device/pharmaceutical sales representative
- Nursing home administrator
- Doctors practice manager
What are Healthcare Administration alumnae doing?
Converse will prepare you for success in the field of healthcare administration. As this is a brand new major at Converse, we are waiting to put your success story here!