Mail Room Manager
The Converse Univeristy mail room operates under the Business Office, providing a full array of postal services including daily pick-up and delivery services of the U.S. Mail, inter-campus, and inter-agency mail to more than 500 residential students and 200 faculty and staff personnel.
Overnight services, packages shipments and deliveries are handled through the U.S. Mail, FedEx and UPS. U.S. Postal stamps may be purchased, and packages mailed at any time during normal business hours, on a cash-only basis.
The following forms and mail packaging materials are free and may be requested through our office:
- FedEx airbills
- Overnight envelopes
- Packaging materials
- Intercampus envelopes
Mail Room Hours:
- Fall term: Monday through Friday 8:30-12:30, 1:30-4:45*.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Student Mailbox Access: All day, 7 days a week.
*Be sure to wear a face-covering and adhere to physical distancing protocols.
Converse University Mail Room
580 E Main St
Spartanburg SC 29302
Manager: Carol Gibbs
Make sure senders have your correct address, including your box number.
For the best possible service remember to address it properly:
- Use full names.
- Provide a delivery address and return address that includes your box number.
- Use 2 letter state abbreviations.
- Include zipcode.
- International mail should have country name in ALL CAPITALS on the last line.
Receiving A Package
- An email will be sent to you when your package has arrived and is ready for pick-up. (Please do not attempt pick-up based on the carrier’s notification. Otherwise, you may make an unnecessary trip.)
- Only students that live on campus can receive packages.
Sending A Package
- USPS, FEDEX and UPS packages with prepaid labels can be dropped off for pick-up by these services.
- When mailing a package that needs postage, we are only able to accept cash payments.
- Packages are picked up a 1:30pm each day.
- Students leaving residential housing for the summer will have their first-class mail forwarded each day.
- Graduating seniors will have their mail forwarded up to one year to their home address unless a new address is provided. Please update your address with all companies within the first two months of graduating.
Make sure senders have your correct address including your department name.
For the best possible service remember to address properly. Include your name and department on all outbound mail to ensure proper departmental charges.