- This event has passed.
2023 Converse Women’s Leadership Conference
July 20 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pmFree – $75
The Converse Women’s Leadership Conference provides emerging and established women leaders across the upstate the opportunity to come together to share their knowledge, success stories, and strategies for advancement in a supportive environment. This one-day summer conference is hosted on Converse’s beautiful campus and includes keynote and breakout sessions as well as breakfast, lunch, and a wine and cheese networking reception. Our annual conference builds upon Converse’s historic commitment to women’s empowerment and leadership while providing the larger upstate community dynamic ways to build new partnerships and advance professionally.
The first 30 currently enrolled Converse students (graduate or undergraduate) to RSVP will have their registration fee waived.
Registration closed on July 14, 2023. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Panel of corporate & regional leaders moderated by Jane Robelot (Co-Anchor: WYFF News) with Sharon Lykins (Vice President, Product Innovation: Denny’s), Paula Harper Bethea (Chair of the Board & CEO: J.M. Smith Corporation), and Dawn Deck (Local Initiatives Support Corporation)
- Leading Equitably & Building Diverse Networks with Marchele Garrett (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer: Spartanburg Regional)
- Author Spotlight with Patti McGowan – ‘Knack 4…Almost Anything…’
- Developing Executive Courage with Chunsta Miller (Director of Training & Development: WPG)
- Community Advocacy & Leading Where You Are with Emilee O’Brien (Director of Advocacy: United Way of the Piedmont/Spartanburg Academic Movement)
- Wellness & Women’s Leadership with Dr. Nekita Sullivan (Owner: Yoga Therapy Bar)
- Mentorship at Every Level with Jennifer Jones (Beauty Marks for Girls)