Small classes, research opportunities, and internships – as a psychology major at Converse College, you can take advantage of an array of learning tools to build a strong foundation in the discipline.
Psychology studies concentrate on:
- the procedures of statistical methods and experimental design;
- the history and philosophy of the discipline;
- the laws of the major categories of behavior (respondent and operant);
- the requirements of writing in manuscript style; and
- the study of historical and contemporary theories that psychologists have proposed.
As a psychology major, you will demonstrate mastery in these areas through a seminar paper during the spring of the senior year. Courses outside the common core are offered for specialized study of narrower fields of the discipline.
Discover more about our major and minor through the links below, and then contact us for a campus visit. We’re eager to meet you!
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Dr. Keen Featured in New York Magazine
Dr. Richard Keen’s collaborative research with Dr. Monica McCoy and grad Elizabeth Powell ’18 was the highlight of a New York Magazine story…