The Lawson Academy Dance program began in the 1960s after the completion of the Montgomery Student Center and its dance studio. The main focus of the then Pre-College dance department was Ballet, and while our program has evolved over the years to include a variety of dance genres, Ballet still remains as one of our offerings.
Instructor: Maryanna Caggiano, alumna of the Lawson Academy, Ballet Spartanburg, and Carolina Ballet Theatre.
Fall 2022 Schedule
All classes will enroll for a 13-week semester. No previous experience is required!
- Available for all ages and levels
- Rates begin at $45 per 30-minute lesson
- Contact our office or the instructor to schedule
ZenDance – Thursdays 7:15-8:00 pm
- All ages (child and adult)
- Calming, cleansing, and relaxing dance for all ages
Beginner Hip-Hop – Mondays 6:00-6:30 pm
- Ages 4 and up
- A fun introduction to the basics and background of hip-hop
Pre-Ballet – Mondays 5:30-6:00pm
- Ages 3-4
- Exploring the levels of creative movement in a nurturing environment
- Includes one Mommy & Me session
Ballet 1 – Mondays 6:35-7:20 pm
- Ages 5-8
- Exciting introduction to ballet culture and expressive movement for young beginners
Ballet 2 – Wednesdays 5:30-6:30pm and Fridays 5:30-6:45
- Ages 9-11
- Diving deeper into the lines in movement and the flow of the body along with music
- Includes a weekly combo class with Ballet 3
Ballet 3 – Tuesdays 7:15-8:30pm and Fridays 5:30-6:45
- Ages 12-14
- Teen ballet with a focus on core strength that connects technique and artistry
- Includes a weekly combo class with Ballet 2
Ballet 4 – Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 pm and Fridays 6:45-8:15 pm
- Ages 15-18+
- Traditional ballet technique intersects self-expression in movement for older teens
- Pointe shoes welcome
Dance Class Attire
All dancers: please refer to The Sock Basket on Laurens Road in Greenville for all dance attire.
• Plain T-shirt (can be from home)
• Boys’ ballet tights, ballet slippers, warm ups
• Solid color leotard, pink ballet tights, warm ups, slicked back ponytail or bun
• Pre-Ballet: single sole ballet slippers
• Ballet 1-4: split sole ballet slippers
• Comfortable clothes
• Optional yoga mat
• Optional ballet shoes
Contact our office at (864) 596-9022 to register!
Ask about our family discount when enrolling siblings or multiple family members.