Hub City Vocal Institute
This five-day intensive vocal workshop will concentrate on performance preparation, with individual focused attention from the faculty, as well as group sessions encompassing wide range of relevant and practical topics for the serious singer. Opera scenes are assigned in advance and will be staged and performed at the end of the week.
Future Hub City Vocal Institute dates TBA.
The five-day workshop will include voice lessons with both voice teachers, staged opera scenes, individual coaching on solo pieces and opera scenes, masterclass participation, and class sessions. Performance opportunities will include a public performance of solo repertoire and opera scenes.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Physical warm-ups for singers
- Role preparation and character development
- Subtexting for Opera and Art Song
- Improving Memorization Skills
- Preparation of Program Notes
- The Business of Singing
What to Bring:
- Music for lessons and performances
- Classical solo repertoire and at least one musical theatre selection
- Formal performance attire
- Casual clothing for daily work (including morning work-out attire)
- For those staying on-campus bring bedding, towels, and toiletries
For More Information, Contact:
Dr. Valerie MacPhail, Co-director Hub City Vocal Institute 864-596-9168 email@example.com
Main phone & switchboard: 864.596.9000
580 E. Main St
Spartanburg, SC 29302