This beloved hall has a quirky charm that only gets better with age. Traditionally the site of the annual senior class photo, Cudd is iconic Converse. Cudd’s distinctive Southern architecture made for a cozy home-away-from-home for generations of Converse’s upperclassmen.
Today, Cudd is a living-learning community for Converse’s Nisbet Honors students. In 2023, a $4.8 million revitalization of Cudd Hall preserved the building’s historic character while breathing new life into this residential hall.
Cudd now offers a self-service coffee market on the first floor, open to the campus community, a second-story kitchen, and a third-story study room, all connected by an open center stairway and connected to the iconic porches facing the inner quad.
Features of Cudd
- 46 single, double, triple, and ADA-accessible rooms, plus two Community Advisor rooms
- A close-knit, living-learning community
- Richard’s Roast Coffee Bar (A self-service coffee & snack bar)
- Three stories of traditional Southern porches
- Elevator and ADA-accessible lounges
- Community areas including study rooms and open spaces
All residence halls feature:
- Free laundry facilities
- Community areas in each building
- Study rooms
- High-speed wireless internet
All rooms are equipped with:
- XL twin beds, dressers, desks and chairs
- Microwave/fridge units
- High-speed internet ports
- Cable TV