Love Where You Live
Spartanburg is truly a hub! Once dubbed “Hub City” for its railroad industry, Spartanburg today is a center for so much more. From its thriving art and music scene, to its active, outdoor culture, Hub City offers something for everyone!
Things To Do
A College Town in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with convenient access to the best the region has to offer, Spartanburg’s eclectic vibe is something Converse students love most. Some of the highlights are:
- HUB-BUB, one of the most innovative artist residence programs in the nation
- Morgan Square, a graceful city centric park hosting holiday ice skating, Jazz on the Square, College Town parties, and even a giant ferris wheel
- Seven public and private accredited colleges and universities
- Entertainment venues like Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium and the Chapman Cultural Center
- The Iron Yard, an innovative business incubator where Converse students have launched new ventures and more
Places to Eat
From steakhouses and southern fare, to burger joints and barbecue, Spartanburg is home to unique restaurants to suit every taste and price range.
It’s easy to enjoy the outdoor life in Spartanburg. Bring your kayak and hiking boots to explore our blueways and greenways, or grab your bike and trek miles of roads and trails. Croft State Park and the Swamp Rabbit Trail are just a few of the many parks and trails found in the area. Designated a Bicycle Friendly Community, Spartanburg is home to several B-Cycle stations with rentable bikes, including one right here on the Converse campus – making it easy to explore outdoors!
Spartanburg is something special – we have the goings-on of a big city, wrapped up in the friendliness of a small town. Come see why our students and faculty love where they live!
Learn more at visitspartanburg.com.
Discover The Upstate
Converse is centrally located in the heart of Upstate South Carolina. Within a three-hour drive, you can enjoy:
- Award-winning cities of Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC
- Commercial and regional hubs of Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC
- Blue Ridge Mountain towns, like Blowing Rock, NC
- Lake communities of Keowee, Jocassee and Hartwell
- Recreational pursuits including hiking, biking and fishing
Converse is surrounded by vibrant, business-centric communities. Our region:
- Is home to more than 400 corporations, including Michelin, BMW, General Electric and Milliken.
- Has added more than 25,000 jobs since 2010, and is recognized as home to a leading talent-driven workforce.
- Boosts engaging community cultures with a regular schedule of events, activities and things to do.
- On average, has a cost of living 10% less than the national average.