Are you ready to take the next step in your career in healthcare? The Master in Management (MIM) in Healthcare Management will prepare you for leadership roles in healthcare through the study of managerial and teams skills as well as healthcare policy, regulations, ethics, technology, and delivery systems.
Offered 100% online with options for an executive track, Converse’s degree helps you balance your career and education while still enjoying a student-focused and personal program of study including an integrated capstone experience.
Converse’s Master in Management (MIM) in Healthcare Management provides a graduate degree that addresses the expanding and increasingly complex field of healthcare management. Our program reaches beyond the scope of traditional graduate business administration studies, beginning with a common core of management courses and continuing with courses that address the needs of students pursuing careers in the field of healthcare management.
Working with current healthcare professionals serving as faculty, the curriculum addresses real-world issues and fosters creativity to adapt to the changing demands of the healthcare industry. The program also includes an internship capstone experience that equips students for careers or advancement in healthcare management upon completion of their college study.
More reasons to choose Converse:
Fully Online and Accelerated: The Master in Management (MIM) in Healthcare Management coursework is offered fully online in 8 week-long terms, allowing you to complete your degree in as little as 15 months.
Executive Track: For current healthcare practitioners, an Executive Track is available which can reduce your coursework based on your professional experience. The Executive Track can be completed in as little as nine months.
Experienced Faculty: Instruction for the program combines current healthcare professionals with broad experience in healthcare administration and management alongside full-time faculty in business administration and economics.
Real-World Experience: An integrated capstone at a local healthcare facility allows you to transition theory into practice as you prepare for your next step in healthcare management.
Affordable: Our program is competitively priced to allow you to quickly gain a return on your educational investment as you advance professionally.
Converse’s Master in Management in Healthcare Management coursework includes 33 total credit hours of coursework in core and advanced areas. Executive Track candidates may receive credit for up to 12 credit hours of core coursework through their professional experience (transcript and curriculum vitae analysis required).
Core Course Requirements (12 hours)
- MHA 500 Management (3 hours)
- MHA 560 Informatics and Technology (3 hours)
- MHA 570 Healthcare Finance and Accounting (3 hours)*
- MHA 580 Healthcare Economics and Policy (3 hours)*
- *EMH lower level coursework for those not receiving CAEL credit
Advanced Course Requirements (21 hours)
- MHA 600 Healthcare Delivery System (3 hours)
- MHA 605 Healthcare Epidemiology and Population Health (3 hours)
- MHA 610 Healthcare Law and Compliance (3 hours)
- MHA 615 Healthcare Administration and Leadership (3 hours)
- MHA 620 Healthcare Finance and Reimbursement (3 hours)
- MHA 621 Ed. Research & Evaluation (3 hours)
- MHA 625 Healthcare Capstone (3 hours)
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, provide official scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) and provide two references.
Applicants should have completed at least one undergraduate course in statistics, one in accounting, and one in microeconomics prior to entering the program. Applicants who have not completed these courses may be eligible to co-enroll in Converse courses in these subjects prior to or at the same time as beginning courses in the degree program.
For consideration for admission to the Master in Management in Healthcare Management program, applicants must:
- Complete the Converse Graduate Application Form including the $40 application fee.
- Send official transcripts from all college work including completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Send official scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Send two professional letters of recommendation.
- For those wishing to enter the Executive Track, send a resume/curriculum vitae demonstrating experience in healthcare administration.
Deadlines for Completed Application and Materials
August 15th (For Fall Admission)
*Converse Graduate Admission admits applicants on a rolling basis upon review of completed materials
|2020-2021 Tuition||$416/credit hour|
|Term Access Fee||$80 each Fall/Spring term; $50 each Jan/Summer term|
|Late Registration Fee||$50/term|
*Tuition and fees subject to change
Learn about Financial Aid opportunities
See a comprehensive list of tuition and fees in the graduate academic catalog.