Noyce Scholars Program
Are you an undergraduate STEM major and considering a career in education? Or, are you an MAT student with an undergraduate degree in STEM, earning your certification in middle or secondary math or science? If so, you can apply to become a Converse Noyce Scholar!
What is a Converse Noyce Scholar? What are the benefits?
The Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program is funded by the National Science Foundation. Scholarship recipients make a commitment to teach for two years in a South Carolina middle or secondary math or science classroom, and receive the following:
- a one-time $13,000 scholarship (paid half in the fall, half in the spring of one academic year),
- a public school mentor in your content area throughout your induction year,
- special workshops designed for STEM candidates,
- the opportunity to apply to travel to STEM conferences,
- the opportunity to apply for professional development funds for your classroom, and
- a cohort of colleagues in your content area
Am I eligible?
Current rising juniors and seniors and MAT students are eligible, as well as qualifying transfer students and new MAT applicants.
Rising sophomores will be eligible for awards in their junior year, and should make early contact with grant officers to ensure best consideration. Rising juniors and seniors who are not yet education majors can qualify as fifth-year MAT students.
School of Education & Graduate Studies
Converse is a nationally recognized and regionally accredited doctoral university.
Office of the Dean
Dean of Education and Graduate Studies