Read to Succeed legislation requires that all K-5 teachers complete the Endorsement for R2S Teacher. One pathway to this endorsement is by taking four graduate courses from the options listed below. All middle and high school teachers can meet the R2S requirement by taking R2S Content Reading and Writing for Middle and High School Teachers. Whether you are a district interested in contracting with Converse or an individual teacher looking for affordable online literacy courses, Converse is a natural fit for literacy teacher education.
- Statewide reputation for quality teacher education
- History of partnership with the South Carolina Department of Education for literacy training
- Literacy offerings include courses, add-on certifications for Literacy Teacher, Literacy Coach and an EdS in Literacy.
- Courses brought to your schools
- Acclaimed literacy curriculum
- State-approved literacy instructors
Cost: Contact us for pricing
- Convenient online courses for men and women
- Experienced, engaged faculty
- On-campus courses also offered
Cost: $425 per credit hour for online courses
R2S Teacher (K-5)
- R2S Foundations in Reading (EDU612)
- R2S Instructional Practices (EDU613)
- R2S Assessment of Reading (EDU614)
- R2S Content Reading and Writing for Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers (EDU618)
R2S Requirement (Middle and High School Teachers)
- R2S Content Reading and Writing for Middle and High School Teachers (EDU525)
School of Education & Graduate Studies
Converse is a nationally recognized and regionally accredited doctoral university.