WE BELIEVE YOU CAN!
Social Justice and Women in Leadership
Leadership Converse 2016 is a unique experience for rising junior and senior female high school students taking place from Sunday, July 24, 2016 to Wednesday, July 27, 2016 on the Converse College campus.
A big part of the Leadership Converse curriculum is to teach students that leadership is about behavior and action, not about a title or role. Our main focus in this program is to ask the question, “what is leadership?” At Leadership Converse, we will be teaching students that leadership is a process where individuals or groups can work together to create positive, sustainable change for others. We are looking for all types of students- including but not limited to students who are active in their communities, have a passion for helping others, who have been active in leadership roles, and who have a vision for positive change.
This experience is at no cost to selected students because we feel that Leadership Converse will benefit all who participate.
What you can expect at Leadership Converse:
- Meet other high school students with similar passions
- Get to know current students and staff from the Converse community
- Meet fellow community partners who are committed to making positive, sustainable change in South Carolina communities
- Gain knowledge, values, and skills to become a more effective leader
- Engage in interactive workshops, small group dialogue and service
- And of course, to have fun!
To see what our students accomplish during the program, browse the Features section below to watch videos from Leadership Converse 2014.